Delta Drone Personal Data Protection Notice
Delta Drone attaches great importance to protecting your privacy.
Delta Drone, headquartered at 27 chemin des Peupliers, 69570 Dardilly, France, (“we”) is Responsible for the Processing of your personal data. The purpose of this document is to explain how we use and protect your personal data, as well the reasons why we process this data.
It applies uniformly to all Delta Drone products and services, it being understood that additional information may be provided if necessary when you purchase a product or a particular service.
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We only collect and use personal data that is necessary for our business activities in order to offer you personalised and quality products and services.
We may collect various types of personal data from you, including:
- identification and contact information (surname, first name), postal and email address, telephone number, language spoken;
- identification and authentication data, particularly when using Delta Drone services (technical logs, log files, IP address);
- data relating to interactions with us: (Contact records), on our websites, on our applications, on our pages, on our social media, in telephone conversations and interviews, in emails).
The data that we use may be collected from you directly or from the following sources for the purpose of verifying or expanding our databases:
- publications/databases made available by official authorities (Official Journal);
- our service providers;
- third parties such as commercial intelligence agencies, in accordance with the data protection regulations;
- Internet sites/social media pages containing information that you have made public and publicly available databases from third parties.
2. SPECIAL DATA COLLECTION SITUATIONS, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION
Delta Drone may collect information about you even though you are not one of its customers. The following list (non-exhaustive) cites examples of personal data collected by Delta Drone from non-customers, such as:
- potential customers, guarantors, agents;
- legal representatives, company representatives and authorised persons of a legal entity client of Delta Drone;
- employees of our service providers.
3. WHY AND ON WHAT PROCESSING BASES DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
A. TO COMPLY WITH OUR LEGAL AND REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS
We use your personal data to fulfil various legal obligations and regulations, including:
- compliance with the applicable regulations;
- responses to official requests from duly authorised public or judicial authorities.
B. TO FULFIL A CONTRACT WITH YOU OR PROVIDE YOU WITH PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION
We use your personal data to conclude and fulfil our contracts, including:
- to provide you with information about our products and services;
- to assist you with subscription requests;
- subscription (including by electronic signature or by telephone) for products and services distributed by Delta Drone;
- in the context of managing customer relationships: management and execution of our products and services;
- to assess your needs and knowledge, for example on the subject of civil aviation regulations;
- to carry out assistance services, provided that the supplier, depending on the case, also remains responsible for the processing needed to provide the service;
- the security of the means of payment that you use;
- to provide products or services to our business customers who you are an employee or customer of.
C. TO SERVE OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We use your personal data to develop and expand our products and services, optimise our risk management and defend our interests in court, including for the purpose of:
- proof of transactions;
- IT management, including infrastructure management (such as exchange platforms) and business continuity (safety of goods and people);
- creating statistical models;
- establishing anonymous statistical models, tests and research and development in order to optimise risk management or improve our offering;
- personalising commercial offers from Delta Drone:
- by improving the quality of products or services;
- by suggesting products and services that suit your circumstances and profile as we see them.
These commercial proposals may be made by:
- segmenting customers and potential customers;
- analysing your habits and preferences across channels (emails, visits to our website, etc.).
D. TO RESPECT YOUR CHOICE WHEN WE ASK FOR YOUR CONSENT TO PROCESS DATA IN A PARTICULAR INSTANCE
In some instances, consent is required to process your data, for example:
where the purposes described above give rise to automated decision-making resulting in legal effects that concern you or significantly affect you, we will inform you separately of the underlying reason and the intended significance and consequences of this data processing;
if we process any data for purposes other than those described in paragraph 3 of this notice, we shall notify you and, if necessary, ask for your consent.
4. TO WHICH CATEGORIES OF ENTITIES CAN YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE DISCLOSED?
In order to fulfil the aforementioned purposes, we may disclose your personal data only to:
- Delta Drone employees;
- service providers and subcontractors performing services on our behalf;
- business and banking partners;
- financial or judicial authorities or State agencies and public bodies, upon request and within the limits of what is permitted by the regulations;
- certain regulated professions such as lawyers, notaries and auditors as well as insurers and experts.
5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
In the case of international transfers from the European Economic Area (EEA):
- if the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision, granting that country a level of personal data protection equivalent to that provided by EEA legislation, your personal data will be transferred on this basis;
- if the level of protection has not been recognised as equivalent by the European Commission, we shall rely either on an exemption that is applicable to the situation (for example: in the case of an international payment, the transfer is necessary for the performance of the contract), or on the establishment of one of the appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal data (contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, binding business rules).
To get a copy of these regulations or to find out how to access them, you can send a written request, following the instructions outlined in Section 9.
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We store your personal data for the longest period necessary to comply with the applicable laws and regulations or for another duration taking into account the operational constraints such as the proper execution of your contract, effective management of customer relationships and responses to legal or regulatory requests. For example, in the case of customers, most information is stored for the duration of the contractual relationship and for five years after the end of the contractual relationship, excluding accounting documents.
As regards prospective customers, information is stored for 18 months from the date of the collection of the data or our last contact with you.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have various rights, namely:
- Right of access: you can obtain information concerning the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of this personal data;
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the personal data be modified accordingly;
- Right to erasure: you may request the deletion of your personal data within the limits of the regulations;
- Right to restriction of processing: you may request that the processing of your personal data be restricted;
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your personal data, for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of commercial prospecting, including profiling related to this prospecting.
- Right to data portability: where this right applies, you have the right to have the personal data that you have provided to us returned to you or, where technically possible, to transfer them to a third party;
- The right to set guidelines for the storage, deletion or disclosure of your personal data after your death;
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given your consent for your personal data to be processed, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
You can exercise the rights listed above by writing to Delta Drone, Data Protection Officer, 27 Chemin des peupliers, 69570 Dardilly, France, or visiting our website, www.deltadrone.com. In accordance with the applicable regulations, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, which is the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) in France.
8. HOW CAN YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ANY CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT ON PERSONAL DATA?
In a world where there is constant technological change, we will be regularly updating this information document. We encourage you to read the latest version of this document on our website and we shall notify you of any significant changes via our websites or our usual communication methods.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data covered in this document, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com, or by post by writing to Delta Drone, Data Protection Officer, 27 chemin des Peupliers, 69570 Dardilly, France, and they will deal with your request.
Information relating to our cookies policy and IT security can be found on our website: www.deltadrone.com