After a few months of close collaboration, which began in July 2018 when Delta Drone acquired 36.9% of Pixiel’s capital, the decision was made to accelerate the timeline for the full integration of Pixiel within the Group (initially set for 2021). The transactions completed, Delta Drone now wholly owns its subsidiary located in Nantes (44) and Pixiel’s two founders and managers became Delta Drone shareholders, alongside management.
In order to facilitate the transactions, Christian Viguié, the Group’s Chairman and CEO sold to the two Pixiel founders all the BSA J (share purchase warrants) that he personally owned, thus allowing them to fully integrate their new positions as shareholders. The BSA J were sold at the market price of €0.005.
This new Group organizational structure is perfectly in line with Delta Drone’s vigorous growth and strategic areas of development:
- Thanks to its recognized technical expertise, particularly due to the success of its Neopter solution (an automated drone system that performs one-of-a-kind aerial choreography for the Cinéscénie shows at the Puy du Fou theme park), Pixiel has become the design department for the entire Group. It is currently focusing its work on two major developments: the Geodrones solution for warehouse inventory in partnership with Geodis and the Neosafe solution of autonomous surveillance drones for security purposes.
- The subsidiary for the training of drone pilots, EMD – Ecole des Métiers du Drone, works in collaboration and together with Technidrone, another training subsidiary belonging to the Group. The two entities make up the “drone” part of the overall professional training curriculum offered by Ergasia Campus (see press release dated 8 October 2018: Delta Drone and the Mare Nostrum Group create a training center dedicated to “dronable” professions).
- Pixiel’s two former managers now hold central positions: Philippe Baranger has been appointed Group Technical Director and Moïse Rogez has been appointed Head of Strategy & Innovation.
These developments are also in response to Pixiel’s need for stabilization and security as several events occurred in 2018 that seriously affected its activity:
- On 2 May (the day the merger with Delta Drone was announced), a fire totally destroyed the company’s premises, forcing it to urgently relocate for several months to a temporary site.
- Starting in July, the company was faced with the sudden resignations of a series of engineers in its design department. Over the course of four months, six engineers left the company, creating temporary disorder that needs to be remedied.
In any event, this new organizational structure allows us to be optimistic about the commercial launch of the Geodrones (warehouse inventory) and Neosafe (surveillance drones) solutions, both of which show great potential for France and abroad, scheduled for this year.
About Delta Drone: The Delta Drone Group is a renowned international player in the field of civilian drones for professional use. It offers a complete service, from data acquisition to data processing through a specifically developed information system, including a supply of professional pilots.
Delta Drone is listed on Euronext Growth Paris – ISIN code: FR0011522168
4 166 666 BSA are also listed on Euronext Growth Paris – ISIN code: FR001329977
BSA J are listed on Euronext Growth Paris – ISIN code: FR0013400983
BSA Y are listed on Euronext Growth Paris – ISIN code: FR0013400991