When characterising water-body beds, lakes and/or rivers, the acquisition of bathymetric data is an entryway for many studies: dredging, determination of water depths, cartography…
Bathymetry, via the creation of a digital terrain model, offers answers to many problems
- Morphological studies of beds
- Sediment transit
- Inspection and surveying of water structures
- Environmental monitoring
- Applied to the surveillance of property and people through a morphological monitoring of banks, erosion
- Studies for flood risk prevention (FRP)
- High or low-water channel profile
Bathymetry calls upon different technologies, depending on the sites’ configuration (depth to bedrock, sediment layer) and the client’s needs.
- Single beam mono-frequency sounder, over small survey areas, with shallow depths. Kayak-friendly system for rapid deployment, and adaptable to many launching configurations
- Single beam mono-frequency sounder, over larger survey areas, but also to reach the substrate.
- Multi-frequency sounder for larger depths and larger areas. Technology that can be coupled with high resolution imaging and/or sonar.
Optimising bathymetric surveys safely
When working in environments that are difficult to access, of restricted dimensions or dangerous for humans, the bathymetric drone is the ideal solution.
A new approach for simple and fast deployment
Drone technology allows for live viewing of hydrographic data, while guaranteeing a repeatability of projects to monitor the evolution of the terrain such as siltation or bed modification.
The drone, a versatile tool for hydrography
Drones can work on all types of hydrographic surveys thanks to the great diversity of sensors that it can embed: mono-frequency bathymetric sounder, dual frequency, multibeam, multiparameter probes…
ADVANTAGES OF THE BATHYMETRIC DRONE
- Absence de personne sur l’eau : sécurité
- Mise à l’eau rapide et à partir de tout type de berge
- Forte maniabilité
- Automatisation des opérations
- Digital Terrain Model, isobaths
- Bathymetric differential, erosion/filling…
- Calculations of volumes, changes to sediment stocks
- Study of the volume of water remaining
- Morphodynamic study