LiDAR (Laser Imaging Detection And Ranging)
Remote measurement technology based on the analysis of the properties of a beam of light sent back to its transmitter, which allows it to directly calculate a point cloud and to 3D map the surface of a site by disregarding the vegetation cover.
In parallel with the LiDAR collection, a camera allows for high resolution shots to be taken, allowing for orthophotography to be carried out.
Our system allows surface and linear collection of topographic quality due to embedded hardware.
- VUX-1 LR scanner
- Phase One iXU1000 Camera
- Applanix AP20 Inertial Unit
- GNSS antenna
AERIAL LIDAR TOPOGRAPHIC REPORT AND DERIVED PRODUCTS
The fields of application of LiDAR
- Extraction of point clouds allowing for detailed 3D modelling of the real world. The point cloud is the basis of the extraction of the various deliverables.
- Digital model extraction. Classification of the point cloud allows for the extraction of an extremely complete terrain and surface model which is the basis of various and varied processing outputs (geomorphological analysis, volume calculation, extraction of profiles, etc.).
- Orthophotography generation. The georeferencing of images is the basis for extracting georeferenced 3D data and texturing our models.
- Topographic BDD extraction. These BDDs correspond to the exhaustive topographic heritage of the zones identified and are the basis of the SIG deployment.
- Modelling and texturing of buildings. The extraction of this type of 3D data is the basis of our 3D immersive models used nowadays in the context of the research and development of ski lifts.
- 2D/3D topographic plan extraction. LiDAR and photo data allow for exhaustive extraction of topo plans in the project phase.
ANAGEMENT OF GEOGRAPHICAL DATA AND DECISION-MAKING TOOLS
- Sales and deployment of SIG solutions for ski areas. Our SIG tools are multi-purpose:
- Management of snow heights and associated planning (task management).
- SIG data consultation and topographic BDD manipulation to extract pre-project elements.
- SIG training dedicated to the ski areas. MTSI offers training dedicated to the management and enhancement of geographic data for Ski Areas.
IMMERSIVE 3D MODEL EXTRACTION FROM OUR LIDAR COLLECTIONS
Immersive 3D viewer of LiDAR topographic data.
This type of scalable model allows 3D immersion in the data from our LiDAR collections.
Immersive 3D model for site monitoring.
This type of evolutionary model based on the 3D viewer must allow for simplified discussions in the context of site meetings involving different trades with multidisciplinary skills.
Focus on technology
One of the applications is the measurement and management of snow heights (Leica Geosystems) to optimise the management operations of ski resorts.